The Mediterranean is the perfect destination to satisfy every traveler, regardless of what you are looking for! Explore ancient civilizations, discover ruins, take in beautiful scenery, meet the locals, visit religious sites, study the architecture – you'll be pressed to find enough time to take it all in! With ports in dozens of Mediterranean cities, from Naples which offers access to the ruined city of Pompeii, to Athens, Crete, and Kusadasi (just to name a few), your Royal Caribbean cruise offers the promise of an unforgettable journey into countries with fascinating storied pasts.
If you begin your cruise in Civitavecchia, the gateway to all the magnificence of the ancient city of Rome, make sure you spend a few days in Rome first. Whether it's the Forum, the Sistine Chapel, the Pantheon or St. Peter's Basilica that sparks your interest and intellect, Rome is home to a lifetime's worth of historical, architectural and spiritual sites. Turkey invites you to Kusadasi, which provides access to Ephesus, a once powerful trading and religious city created by the Ionians in the 11th century B.C. and later expanded by the Romans. In Split, one of the Adriatic's most amazing seaports and Croatia's second-largest city, explore Diocletian's Palace, one of the best-preserved Roman royal residences on the planet, which was built around 295 AD. The long sheltered beaches of Limassol, Cyprus give way to the foothills that are home to the grape vines used to make the area's famous wines, which are celebrated each September during the Cyrpus Wine Festival.
In other words, whether you prefer the charming legacy of the Renaissance in Livorno, Italy, the cultural epicenter of Barcelona, the breathtaking landscape of Corfu, Greece, or the glamour of Cannes, you'll find history at every turn, art and culture that will astound you, and of course some of the most delicious food you have ever tasted! Get ready for the trip of a lifetime!
Sample Itinerary: Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; Messina (Sicily), Italy; Piraeus (Athens), Greece; Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey; Chania (Souda), Crete, Greece; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy.
Your trip for two includes:
• Seven night Mediterranean Cruise on Royal Caribbean International
• Malaga, Palma De Mallorca, Barcelona, Spain; Civitavecchia (Rome), and Venice, Italy embark ports
• Cruise fare for two as well as existing government fees and taxes (guests are responsible for incidentals they may wish to purchase while on the ship)
• Standard recommended gratuities
• Exciting destinations
• Gourmet meals including 24-hour room service
• Absolutely amazing entertainment daily
• Luxurious spas at sea
• A world of shipboard activities
• Well-appointed accommodations in a veranda stateroom
• State of the art health & fitness facilities
• Round trip air and pre-hotel and post-hotel may be available for additional charge, please inquire at 866-607-2616